Born in Pontiac, Michigan in 1930. Entered U.S. Army in 1947 and retired in 1968 with the rank of Sergeant Major. In 1972 he drew plans, recruited volunteers, and constructed a new home for a family that had lost their home in a gas explosion. With continued community service, he received the General Motors “Excellence Award” for his efforts in 1980. Moved to Arizona in 1983. Founder and past president of the Grand Canyon Chapter 187 Airborne Regiment Combat Team; active in Arizona Adopt-a-Street; Boys and Girls Clubs of Apache Junction, and Apache Junction Baptist Church.